We are hiring Copy Editor for our Chennai Adyar branch.
- Check the grammatical sense of a sentence, such as punctuation, prepositions, sentence formation, syntax and structure.
- To ensure the text is in line with the publisher's 'house style'
- Familiar with style manuals such as CMS, APA, AMA
- References and footnotes, for technical accuracy and placement of citations
- Captioning to match figures and tables, and type-marking for mathematics
- Consistency, to ensure that all elements of a manuscript are properly presented.
- Raise queries to the author regarding any ambiguities in text, incomplete references or inconsistencies or seeking confirmation of any particular changes we have made
Work Location - Chennai
If you're interested in this opportunity, kindly share your resume at email@example.com
Required Candidate profile
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years experience with prior experience of having edited reference, styles
- Excellent comprehension skills
- Decent Written & Verbal Communication
- Must have an Eye for details & must be flexible in work.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: KPO / Research / Analytics
Functional Area: Journalism, Editing, Content
Role Category: Editor
Role: Managing Editor
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent